Hire Professionally Or Do It Yourself
It's true; we do live in a society where anyone with access to the internet and a printer can work though paperwork from divorce papers to a will and testament. This is also true for those in need of proper visa documentation that will allow them to leave their country legally and arrive safe and sound on American soil without incident. With something as important as being able to reside in the United Sates would you really want to take a chance of having your K1 fiancee visa, or K3 marriage visa application delayed or denied because of improper paperwork preparation. Why take a chance?
Take Your Time, Do it Right
Consider the benefits and disadvantages of doing your visa documentation yourself.
Benefits of filing yourself
- Able to proceed at your own pace.
- Extremely affordable.
Disadvantages -- Here are just five very important points
- Not mistake proof
- Could result in your fiancee or spousal visa application being delayed or denied.
- No where to turn for answers during the process to ensure success and prevent delays and/or denials.
- Added stress for both you and your fiancee or spouse because you are not sure what to do, or when to do it.
- Incorrect information and assistance from the USCIS or unqualified individuals.
What to do first?
The U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Service has the basic information to help familiarize yourself with the process. Information of this nature is helpful. Why? Simply put, to make sure you don't get taken advantage of, then you need to know what to expect. For example, if someone tells you that it takes twelve months to get a K1 fiancee visa then they would be wrong. Each country has different processing times and a K1 fiancee visa and K3 marriage visa professional will be aware of those specific processing times. Or take the promise that there won't be any problems even if the petition is flawless. Also false. Not all USCIS service centers and/or US embassies or consulates operate with the same efficiency so it's not entirely unusual that something may occur to tie up the process. Knowledge is power and with that power you can make the right choices when looking for the right immigration attorney to handle your case.
The Advantages of Proper Representation
- Smart, knowledgeable advice based on your particular situation
- Proper submission of the information
- A record of you submission and a way stay up to date with the process
- An experienced professional who is working to help you achieve your goals.
Because of the high anxiety of picking the wrong attorney or getting scammed by unscrupulous individuals you have to take your time, ask questions and trust your instincts. Ultimately though even if it seems easier to do it yourself, go with a professional. With something as vital as a visa for a loved one or for yourself, and your entire future at stake why tempt fate? Go with the professional to get the job done right.