RHC Law Group

  Immigration Visa Services
     K1 Fiancee Visa
     K3 Marriage Visa
  Specific Country Visas
  Visa Services Fees
  What's New?
  Success Stories
  Our Visa Attorneys
  Contact Our Firm
  About Our Firm
  Fiancee Visa Articles

Our Experienced Fiancee Visa Attorney Helps You With The K1 Visa Process

Receiving approval for a K1 fiancee visa can be an emotional, lengthy process. Gaining knowledge of the entire timeline and the requirements needed in order to successfully obtain a Fiancee visa will help you deal with the challenges of the procedure. The K1 visa enables U.S. citizens to bring their foreign fiance(e) to the United States in order to get married-but it is only a single step in a procedure for obtaining permanent residency (a green card) based on a marriage to a U.S. citizen after entry

First, a petition must be filed on behalf of your fiance(e) with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. After the petition is approved, your fiance(e) must obtain a visa issued at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Your fiance(e) must enter the U.S. within six months of the issue date of the K1 visa and the marriage must take place within 90 days of your fiance(e) entering the United States, or they will be required to leave the country. A K1 visa allows your fiance(e) to enter the country only one time; if they leave the country before you are married, they may not be allowed into the United States without a new visa.

There are a number of stringent guidelines in place to protect the fiance(e) and the United States. First and foremost, you and your fiance(e) must be unmarried or your previous marriages must have ended via divorce, annulment or death. You must also have met with your fiance(e) in person within the last two years before filing for a K1 fiancee visa or K1 fiance visa. In addition, if you have filed two or more K1 visa petitions at any time in the past, or previously had a K1 fiancee or K1 fiance visa petition approved within the past two years of filing for another K1, you must apply for a waiver.

Your fiance(e) is considered a nonimmigrant-a foreign national seeking to temporarily enter the United States for a specific purpose-until the marriage takes place. Initially, your fiance(e) will receive conditional permanent residence status for two years. If your fiance(e) intends to live and work permanently in the U.S., they should apply to become a permanent resident following the marriage. You may also apply to bring your fiance(e)'s unmarried children to the United States, provided they are under 21 years of age.

If your petition for a K1 visa is denied, you may appeal within 33 days of receiving the denial by mail. To avoid a denial, put The Law Group to work for you. As your K1 visa attorney, we'll guide you through every step of the K1 visa process, ensuring that you receive your visa in the shortest time possible, with as few problems as possible.

Request a customized consultation with The Law Group today! Fill out a contact form for more information or call us in the United States at 1-877-354-7463 for further details.

Contact The Law Group now to get stared. We GUARANTEE our success!

Request your free customized consultation

home  |  visa services  |  fiancee visa  |  marriage visa  |  country visa  |  articles  |  contact  |  site map

© 1994 - 2012 - Copyright Camelot Enterprises Limited - All rights reserved